What to Study // November 2016 | Life

Wednesday 30 November 2016

It was always a big deal to make sure you knew exactly what you wanted to study at university before you got there. I definitely had that pressure but because I chose such a versatile degree that pressure left once I started university. I found out there was a lot of people who didn't know what they wanted to study and that made me feel so much better. Do what makes you happy, and don't stress about it because you can always change. Here are my top tips for choosing what you want to study:



1.     Don’t stress over what you are going to study.

 Don’t stress, you ultimately have your first year to really decide what you want to do and if you change a few times during the year that is okay. I have personally changed my major I think three times this year. I have always known I wanted to do psychology but this year I made the decision to do a double major and my other major I have changed several times and that is oaky.



2.     Just because it’s a hobby doesn’t mean it can be a career you will enjoy.
 Originally I was going to do a double major in Psychology and English. However, while studying English at university I found as though the passion that I had for English and writing had evaporated with studying English. That terrified me because I relate my identity and writing so close together. Making the decision to drop English as my major was a huge decision but I am so happy I made that decision I have since decided to do Security studies as my second major and I am really excited about that because it challenges me in a way that writing never did. I have also found that since I stopped doing English as my major and dropped those papers, I have found my passion for writing and also have found my passion for my blog again.






3.     Think about your end goal.
This year I have thought about why I am studying a lot and ultimately my end goal is most important to me. However, if I was to do this all again I would take a break between high school and university. University is a big decision and isn’t something that should be taken lightly. If you don’t think it is for you take a break, don’t go to university it’s not the end of the world and you can always decide to go to university at any age.

Are you at University? What did you Study?
Let me know in the comments below.

No comments

Post a Comment